Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School 2008




First Day of School

My daughter began her Freshman year in high school today. You would think that I would be used to the preparation and mayhem by now, but each year there is this little feeling in the pit of my stomach. This feeling makes you realize that life is going faster than you think, that your child is growing before your eyes, but at this moment, you can actually see it occur.

Each year, I take a picture of my daughter before she leaves the house for her First Day of School. She may think it is silly, but it is something i look forward to each year. In many ways, it is all I have left of her youth. She puts up with me, God Love her!

I love this girl so much that it hurts. I hope for her, I wish for her, and I am watching her become a fine, young woman. I am proud of her.

No comments: