Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Candy of the Night


My daughter had taped "Phantom of The Opera" on our DVR. She had just gotten up for the day (10:00am), and as she sleepily watched the movie, I got into it as well. Having been up a while longer than she, and being very silly, I began to change the words to all the songs. One really made her laugh when she didn't want to laugh, so I thought I would complete it as best I could. I think my "Live Improv" is much funnier because it is "of the moment," but here is a toned down version.

My poor daughter had to ignore me as I belted out my improv of "Candy of The Night." Good thing that I think I am so damned funny! And to think, other Father's are merely "normal!"


CANDY OF THE NIGHT

Sweet-time happens, heightens your sensations ...
chocolate stirs and breathes imagination ...
silently all senses abandon their defenses ...

Slowly, gently stores unfurls its splendour ...
Grasp it, buy it - bag it now and take it ...
Turn your face away from the healthy diet way,
turn your thoughts away from cold, cantalope bites -
and consider the candy of the night ...

Close your eyes and surrender to your sweetest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the fruit you knew before!
Close your eyes, let your sweetness start to soar!
And you'll eat as you've never eaten before ...

Kit Kat, Snickers, candy shall surround you ...
Reese's, Pieces, Pay Days all around you ...
Open up your mouth, allow your sweet tooth power,
in this sweetness which you know you cannot fight -
the sweetness of the candy of the night.

Let your mouth start a journey through a sweet, new world!
Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before!
Let the sugar
Take you where you long to be!
Eating chocolate with calories ...

Mars Bars, Hersheys, sweet and sour sweet tarts!
Mister, Good Bar, savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin,
let your sweeter side give in to the sweetness of
the candy that I eat - the sweetness of the candy of the night ...

You eating can make my sugar flight -
help me eat my candy of the night ...

4 comments:

tdoiley said...

Good Job!

tdoiley said...

sometimes when I look at that clothesline candy it looks like colored condoms...sorry...just makes me laugh....

The Pez Man said...

Pervert

tdoiley said...

Hey I am not the one posting candy condoms and promoting them as candy ;). Love the blog!