Saturday, June 7, 2008

"The Ron Hood Special" at Marco's Italiano Restaurant


I bet you are wondering why I would have a picture of a plate of food on my blog. Well, an interesting thing happened to me yesterday and I thought it might be worth sharing.

I was at an appointment and as I was leaving, I saw an elderly woman approaching the door, so when I went out the door, I held it open for her. She was moving slowly, but I waited patiently. After all, it was raining. One of those raw days.

As she approached the doorway, she stopped and said, "Well, look at you, there is a gentleman still among us." She noticed I had my work name tag on, and she read it aloud, "Ron Hood." She paused to tell me that her name rhymed, and she repeated it several times and chuckled to herself. As she walked into the door, she stopped half-way through and said, "Ron Hood? Are you the fellow that has a dish named after him at Marco's?" I laughed and said, "Yes, that is my dish." She said, "I had no idea the gentleman who would be so kind would be the same Ron Hood. I had that dish and it was delicious, really delicious." I thanked her and we both went on our way.

Interesting that you never know what will happen during the course of a day.

The Ron Hood Special is Grilled Chicken with dijon sauce, angel hair pasta with garlic and butter oil, and a small amount of dijon sauce for additional dipping. If you are bothered by too much garlic, there is the Ron Hood Special with veggies, which is the same as the "original," but you remove the pasta and get carrots & potato rounds. Either way, YUMMY!

No comments: